Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Book Review: Divergent Series Part 2: Allegiant


    As promised, I am updating my review of the Divergent trilogy now that I have finished reading the third book, Allegiant. I'm keeping this post short to avoid any spoilers, and also because i've already reviewed the first two books.
   As it turns out, the series is not a trilogy, but a series. There is a fourth book, Four: The Transfer, which I do not own so I can't read and review but I so wish I did. 
    I just finished Allegiant about 10 minutes ago. I'm still crying, and slightly hating Veronica Roth because Why do all my favorite characters have to die in every single book that I love?! I've cried more over this book than I have over any others, even John Green's The Fault in Our Stars (we'll see about the movie, though; I have yet to watch it). 
     In Allegiant, Tris, Four, Christina, and a few of their friends discover that there is an enormous secret that the government has been hiding from them. From everyone. This secret has the capacity to change their entire world as they know it, and discover what is beyond their city walls. Allegiant answers a number of questions: What is outside of the city?, Where did they come from?, Why are there factions?, and what is the true meaning behind being Divergent?, and Will Tobias ever forgive his parents for what they've done?
     As stated in my previous post about Divergent, I highly recommend this series to anyone who enjoys Dystopian Fiction, Action, or simply just unique YA novels. My previous post also has a list of similar books to read if you enjoyed the Divergent series as much as I did.
               
                                  -The Artistic Bibliophile

No comments:

Post a Comment